My smallest child races off to kindergarten each day and my largest child will soon make me a grandmother. That's what I mean by spanning decades. He was twenty when she was born and I have four in between. So I should be a well-seasoned and wise mother to this little five-year-old but what I am finding is that, because of my advanced age, I have forgotten most of what I learned along the way. Or that, because my children are all individuals, the lessons I do remember don't apply all the time.
So she runs circles around me. But she and I have something very special in common. I became an aunt at age five, too. And the only thing I like better than being an aunt, is being a mom.
3 comments:
YES!!!! YES!!!! Yippeee! You have a blog!
This post is extra sweet because I know you and your babies and I love you all.
Can't wait to see and read the gems you post here.
(P.S. The template makes me nostalgic for my first blogging days. :))
I'm excited that you are joining me in my blogging adventure. We can figure this thing out together. You are a wonderful writer, an incredible mother, and my very best friends. I miss you so much and I hope we can feel a little close together by reading each others blogs. Maybe spanning decades can also be spanning miles.
love you.
Oooooh, am I the first lurker to leave a comment? I think so!
So, from the outset, blogging seems like a pretty narcissistic activity, and maybe it is. But I can't help but feel VERY interested in reading more already---in your blog. I mean, how can it NOT be interesting? So uh, tap, tap, tap, It's been 10 days....
Post a Comment